November 22, 2008

How PHP Changed My Life

How PHP Changed My Life
Written By Ashley Lynn Parcell

My life has changed,
since I came to the program.
My life has been rearranged.
Crossroads and my parents are the only ones who gave a damn

My peers influenced me a lot,
and made me feel like I belonged.
They've stirred up memories I 've forgot,
ones I 've forgotten for so long.

Amanda understands some of my past,
and became one of my good friends.
The impact she made will always last.
I will remember our talks till the end.

Brittany would sit and chat,
to me about anything.
We would laugh at stuff like a bug going splat,
and talk about what the future will bring.

I don't really talk to Ben,
but he seems like a pretty nice kid.
He talks in groups now and then,
though he hasn't opened up about what he did.

Cassie and I weren't close at first,
but after I opened up, she gave good feedback.
She helped my wall of silence burst,
and she hasn't cut me any slack.

Chris is my friend,
and he has some drug issues.
Sometimes I wish the drugs would end.
We have many different views.

Creed has shown his family bothers him,
and so do mine.
Sometimes he seems pretty grim.
but he is very kind.

Darryl helped me out through laughter,
he made me laugh when ever I was sad.
He taught me life aint always happily ever after,
and Darryl helped me calm down when I get mad.

Donald and I share issues together,
Like when it comes to Koko and Jeff, my stepdad.
Sometimes we talk about forever,
and how our past actions were real bad.

Kara and I don't always get along
but her stepdad and my dad sound the same
We haven't been together that long
She has been open since she came

Mike and I are a lot alike
He acts like I did when I came in
I used to be as stubborn as Mike
I thinks he throws his feeling in the trash bin

Staff have also made an impact on me,
and how I react now.
They remind me of how I used to be
With my progress, they say wow!!

Shannon has taught me,
a lot since I have been here.
She taught me to be consistent in therapy,
and helped me love the person in the mirror.

James, and Rob have helped me find,
what I am capable of,
and told me not to keep in all inside my mind.
They taught me how to love.

Megan and I have gone around,
a time or two.
She helped me smile instead of frown.

And she helped me solve and issue or a few.

PHP has helped me
and I am proud of who I have become
They have shown what I can be
Now I look in the mirror and say Holy Cow!

No comments: